homestead - Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:17:51 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:

> Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
>> EarthNSky wrote:
>>
>>> I think he says Obama is a herald for the Messiah, but regardless
>>> of what he calls him, I think it is clear that the Nation of Islam
>>> is 100% behind Obama, and I think the Islamic world as a whole is
>>> behind Obama.
>> I don't see that as a problem. If someone of Japanese decent was
>> running, Japan would be cheering him on.
>
> But but but, Obama is not a Black Muslim, is he? He is a black
> Christian, right? He is Kenyan American, as I am Finnish American. We
> each have American mothers and foreign fathers.

Kenya is bursting with excitement over the idea of a Kenyan American
being president. I suspect that blacks and Muslims everywhere are
rooting for him; he sure is something new and different (at least on the
outside) in American politics. I thing much of the world would like to
see a change in the direction of this country. I can certainly
understand why the Islamic world would rather have Obama president, than
McCain (bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran).

I believe Obama when he says he's Christian, although I feel that he
isn't overly religious. He certainly doesn't use religious appeals in
his campaign, that I've seen. Both his father and his step-father were
Muslim, so he has a better understanding of Islam than most people, and
certainly than McCain. THAT part doesn't scare me about Obama; I think
being of two worlds (or more, since his mother was white)has made him
more tolerant (there's that word again)of other cultures.

Lynn Wigglesworth