homestead - Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:47:10 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I can certainly
understand why the Islamic world would rather have Obama president, than McCain (bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran).

I'm not sure that is any different that what Obama said of attacking Pakistan.
Here is a good example of why I enjoy AlJazeera
Check this out, Lynn
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2008/09/2008912174841477959.html

What you read is fairly balanced, I think. It is a good marker of where NON-RADICAL Muslims fall on the bias scale. You just don't see much radical stuff on the site, however. In fact, I would say in the last 6 months, it has been remarkably quiet over the radical rhetoric of the last 5 years. Just my opinion there, nothing scientific, but I do read the page at least once a week, more recently.

And btw, Lynn, here is a good example of what I was talking about the other day...convert or die..
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.violence/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Here is an interesting page that gives a bit of history on the Christians of Iraq.
http://www.christiansofiraq.com/

Bev

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan