homestead - Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:43:59 -0800

I don't give a dead rat's patooty about any affairs. And all the fuss we seem to make about it make us a bit of a joke in other countries.

What bugs the heck out of me is the stuff about Barney Fife, oh, excuse me, Franks and his boyfriend and Dodds and Kerry and Teflon and all the rest of them that had links to Fanny Mae/Freddy Mac, who got preferential loans, who got campaign money, or who were in some way or fashion responsible for the F/F mess.

This is just one more mess that goes back to Carter, that Bushy Sr. gave a boot up to, that Clinton signed on the dotted line for and Dumbya was clueless about!

No one is blameless but it simply amazes me how something that was created by the Dems is now the Repubs fault.

I find it truely frightening that anyone in their right mind would want the same party in the white house and in congress. Has NO ONE learned a blooming thing from the 6 years of Repubs holding both the House and the Senate AND the White House???

I think he says Obama is a herald for the Messiah, but regardless of
what he calls him, I think it is clear that the Nation of Islam is 100%
behind Obama, and I think the Islamic world as a whole is behind Obama.
You will know for certain if after the elections they are firing off
weapons in celebration in the streets of Islamabad, Nairobi, Tehran,
Baghdad, Jakarta and Mogadishu.
Farrakhan's comments explain why certain groups have been
uncharacteristically quiet...
When Malloy or whatever his name was, quit, Hamas was basically told to
shut up. The Obama camp did not want such 'distractions'..that is the
word I keep hearing.. so you haven't heard much from the rest of the
world on Obama since he won the nomination...They practically worship
the guy in the Middle East and in Africa, but you aren't hearing that
now...the mainstream media is silent about that. You hear that he drew
large crowds in Germany, but not that his picture is on buses in Kenya.
Is is a good thing that radical leaders and countries that are not
friendly to the US support Obama? Why is the media not debating or
discussing this? Since the conventions, the media seems almost afraid
to air any kind of story that might in any way be 'anti-Obama'.

Personally, I don't trust the media anymore, especially when it comes to
revealing the hard truth about Democrats. The whole Edwards affair, pun
intended, was the last straw for me, and I don't think I am alone.