homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intolerance, was Christian faith

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intolerance, was Christian faith
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:49:49 -0400

Please, please James, do not say the word 'notion'. I'm as sick of it as I am Palin's winking. Obama says it all time, and now he has Biden saying it. "this notion of" "the notion of" <bev screams and pulls hair>
Ok, now I'm good.
I totally agree.

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The whole notion of 'tolerance' means you have some issue with the thing you are tolerating. Like my example with coffee, unless you have an issue with it, it doesn't come up at all does it?

Therefore when someone says they are tolerant, it is a confession that they harbor ill thoughts or ill feelings toward the people being tolerated.

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan