homestead - Re: [Homestead] Destruction of America from within

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Destruction of America from within
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:42:36 -0500

On Oct 8, 2008, at 10:03 AM, rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

On this, my friend, we are in complete agreement. And we, the people,
keep putting them back.

I've been thinking about this. Seems to me it is a matter of individual responsibility. For instance, the next time Congress does something we think is wrong, we should check to see how our representatives voted. And then remember if we voted for them. And then maybe resolve to be more astute about future votes.

We bitch a lot. Talk is cheap. Take action.

Until we get a whole lot smarter it seems to me the prudent thing is to always vote against the incumbent. As I have oft stated, the only exception is for exceptional public servants. Hold the bar high.