homestead - Re: [Homestead] My last broilers

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My last broilers
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 13:07:52 EDT

> >A neighbor a couple miles away has beautiful amaranth

Does yellow dock grow where you are? It is closely related to amaranth and
makes a magnificient seed head. It is a perennial. The leaves are one of
the
main sources of rabbit feed for us (high in protein, large, and abundant).
They are also good people food if picked small (leaves, not the people). In
late summer and fall it sends up a big seed stalk with lots of
seed.<BR><BR><BR>
**************<BR>New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination. Dining,
Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)</HTML>