homestead - Re: [Homestead] Short-term versus long-term

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Short-term versus long-term
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:42:23 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

> I keep hearing blather about things are different this time because of Fed
> involvement and early intervention. Hell yes things are different this
> time, we
> have NO backup, NO plan B, NO effective safety net.

Plus we produce so little of value in this country (as you point out
with fish and oil). We are a nation of burger-flippers and paper
pushers. THAT legacy will come home to roost. It will be interesting to
see if we can even exist without all the imports; I think we will find
that we are owned by China and OPEC.

Lynn Wigglesworth