homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:27:41 EDT

> >Genes, virus, bacteria? More likely fried pies. The oils and refined
> carbohydrates and the resultant poisons produced by high heat are known
> to limit and change immune systems, even telomeres and genes.

I know, Jerry, you are refering to refined carbs and oils. Two things about
this. First, no one eats fried pies as a regular part of their diet, not if
they have to prepare and fry them themselves. It's a treat. I often read
the
diet advice of how bad this to that meal in a restaurant is and how you can
choose healthier fare. What? Like you eat in a sit down restaurant twenty
times a week? It's so rare that I get to eat like that, I'll eat anything I
want.

As far as limiting carbs and oils (and again, I know you are referring to
*refined* products, which we almost never use), anyone who thinks they can
homestead on a subsistence farm on a diet without carbs and oils, I'd like to
invite
them here for a week to try to do so. The elimination of oils and carbs and
fried foods is for the milk-toast type, a two-fisted luddite homesteader
could
not suvive on such a diet. </HTML>