homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:53:47 -0400

As an experiment once, about 4 years ago, I went on a diet of "Pulse", the biblical stuff daniel and his friends ate (of course, there is debate in what it actually consisted of). I ate nuts and dried berries, with water, for about 3 weeks... nothing else. Lost almost ten pounds in that time, and actually felt pretty good. However, after the three weeks, couldn't even stand looking at the stuff.

I'm pretty sure the weight loss was due to the fact that I got so tired of it, I just didn't eat much. Not that that's bad.

I am going to try it again, for 6 weeks, starting in Oct, but it will not be exclusive. I will have some meat, occasionally, and my wife's garlic/parmesian bread for breakfast, with some butter, and an occasional glass of milk. And my weekly Mountain Dew.

Lots of water

I'll let you know how it goes

Ray