homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases

  • From: Jerry B <liberty AT kaballero.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:51:47 -0400

Lynn wrote:

I think that a LOT of diseases could be cured by proper diet and exercise. Especially type 2 diabetes and the auto-immune diseases...I think these are a direct result of the modern American lifestyle. If everything crashes and people are forced to eat healthy food, walk and do more physical labor, and can't find cigarettes and alcohol, a lot of people would be better off might not need medications.
Lynn,

Exactly. There are so many positives associated with all the apparently dire things that are falling out around us. It probably all balances out in the 'end' with needed lessons learned as the next set of challenges surface. My greatest concern now is that a few persons and species of life make it through beyond what is coming upon us and the world due to our own choices. The world is going to survive, I am not so sure about life, at least on it's surface. I do think now this is up to us humans, not 'fate' or supernatural forces.

It is not easy to walk away from dietary habits deeply embedded in our various cultures. Enjoyable true, but with a heavy price. The fact that there is not a consensus by the 'experts' furthers the confusion regarding what we eat. One can only search and do the best one can OR, as you say, be forced into going without, proven many times over as a preventative and healer of 'unatural' disease.
We have again taken to walking to our country mailbox, what with the higher price for gasoline. With the blowup of my rototiller, the hoe has become a major source of almost daily exercise, and I think both I and the earthworms are better off for it. Now if I can get to hand-digging again on my underground house, of ever growing attraction considering the days at hand, I should then be in pretty good shape if it does not kill me first. I do enjoy digging in our rock-free soil. Jerry B