homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious diseases
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

Jerry B wrote:
> Akka,
>
> Genes, virus, bacteria?  More likely fried pies.

LOL...
Could be, except it was only last week that I ate my first one ever.  You
might recall that I stated that I don't have a sweet tooth.  I rarely eat
fried foods.  Growing up, we had fish fries at least once a summer, but other
than that, I rarely ate out and mother did not fry anything.  If I had fried
chicken, it was a school lunch.  I was recently given a deep fryer and I am
learning to fry things.  I made my first ever batch of fried chicken(home
grown) last week, and made the fried pies with the homegrown apples to go
with it.  I also fried some fish(local trout) and some okra(homegrown).  At
least I am using canola oil, which is supposedly heart healthy.  Contrary to
Fuhrman, I believe all things are okay in moderation..
You are right, diet is a personal choice.  We each do what we can do. My MIL
has bouts of a-fib.  She takes coumadin and can't eat spinach or green
veggies.   She takes rat poison, but doesn't eat veggies..it seems idiotic to
me, but she's alive and happy, so what can you say?  To each his own
practice, his own belief, his own fate.

Akka