homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: Jerry B <liberty AT kaballero.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:48:46 -0400

Yes, this was my response as well, as close as it hits home being on SSI ourselves.
How about all these reassurances by the politicos about FDIC insurance for anything under $100,000 bucks. I can too easily imagine all those persons receiving their $100, 000 checks in the mail. Each worth 50 cents, or the paper they are printed on. With dollar devaluation and inflation this is a very real possibility, I think. jerry b

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
I like the first part of this, but laughed at your last bit. SSI? Oh, yeah, that's gonna be worth a lot. HAHAHA

If I had a piece of land paid for it would be the same. I could live on the
land, grow a garden, set up a shop, and live nicely but simply on my SSI.