homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:32:04 -0700 (PDT)

How big are the houses of which you speak.  The average house, built today is
about 2000 sq. ft.

I've always agreed that a house which someone buys for their personal
residence , should not cost more than 3 X annual salary, before txes.  The
lower you can go than that the better.  But,  3X should be max, and you
should have enough $$$ for 20% down, and 3 months worth of utilities.  I
think that used to be a kind of rule of thumb ....bobford