homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wrong admission
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:52:47 EDT

In a message dated 9/24/2008 8:32:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bobford79 AT yahoo.com writes:

> >How big are the houses of which you speak. The average house, built today
> is about 2000 sq. ft.

If it's meat for the discussion, I'll list the three sources I used for this,
but the average size of a house built in 2008 was 2412 sq ft. But that
number is fudged, a lot of space and appendages are not counted in that. The
way I
would reckon the size of a house, that number is closer to 2800 sq ft.

And that's the AVERAGE.

> >I've always agreed that a house which someone buys for their personal
> residence , should not cost more than 3 X annual salary, before txes. The
> lower
> you can go than that the better. But, 3X should be max, and you should
> have
> enough $$$ for 20% down, and 3 months worth of utilities.

I've always considered all such paradigms and saws to be pure bunk. That's
probably I've lived in a house I've owned since I was 25 and yet I've never
had
a mortgage. And why I'm not sweating out the current financial bruhaha.
</HTML>