homestead - Re: [Homestead] White Democrats could cost Obama election

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] White Democrats could cost Obama election
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 15:34:46 -0400

bob ford wrote:

> This is about numbers. If the same percentage of Democrats votes for
> Obama, as the percentage of Republicans votes for McCain, then McCain has
> no chance. There are just too many more registered Demvcrats than there
> are registered Republicans; especially in the few battleground states that
> will ultimately decide this election. Pennsylvania , for example; 67% of
> all registered voters are Democrats, that is a 3:1 numbers advantage.

If you look at the last 10 presidential elections, Pennsylvania voted
for 6 Democrats and 4 Republicans. I'm a registered Democrat, but I'm
not going to vote for Obama. I didn't vote for Kerry or Gore or Clinton
(the second time) either, so I don't think NOT voting for Obama makes me
racist. People who think for themselves and vote for the person, not the
party, skew all those numbers.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga County, PA