homestead - Re: [Homestead] White Democrats could cost Obama election

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] White Democrats could cost Obama election
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:25:12 -0700 (PDT)

Gene GeRue wrote:
>> So let me pose the question, what does a person have to do to be
>> opposed to Obama and yet NOT qualify to be a racist?
>
> Simple. Just explain why it makes more sense to vote for a senile old
>  man who has not a clue about the economy or much more sense of world
>  conditions and would give us four more years of essentially the same
>  thing that we have now.

I know I will regret this, but I am biting.  I don't know why-maybe I
just have a desire to lose ALL of my friends.  I'm reaching my boiling
point.

Senile old man?
Aren't you and John McCain the same age?  We have been through this over
and over- multiple people have stated common sense objections to Obama.
It seems that perhaps you are the one who is senile?

What does "much more sense of world conditions mean?"  Do you think
McCain doesn't know what is happening in the world or that Obama knows
more about what is happening in the world?  If the latter, I doubt it.
I'd bet that McCain's security clearance is higher.

I don't intend to vote for McCain, as you should know, but perhaps have
forgotten that at least 4 of us intend to vote 3rd party,,,,but lets say
I would vote for McCain, since apparently that is the only way I can not
be a racist.  Here is why...(please remember people that I am not really
going to vote for McCain, this is only a debate, an exercise)

1. Despite the world travels of Sen. Obama, John McCain has more foreign
policy experience. Period.  That has nothing to do with race.

2. Despite the freshman senator's  ability to make friends and
win people to his side, he doesn't have the market cornered on that
ability, and in fact, McCain has been doing that very thing for far
longer, making friends in BOTH parties.  Whether or not he is a
maverick, he has surely stepped up in a bi-partisan manner and put the
country first.  McCain is well respected in both parties for that very
reason.  IMO, I have yet to see Obama put anything other than his
political goals first.  He has not made too many Republican friends that
I can tell.  That has nothing to do with race.

3. Trusting the stats of others on the list, McCain voted with Bush 45%
of the time.  Obama voted with Bush 40% of the time.  If I were Obama,
saying what he has been saying about the Bush administration, I'd be
embarrassed to call myself a Democrat.  There is not much difference
that I can see.  If we isolate just the voting records and if the
candidate continues to vote as he has, then Obama would also be giving
us four more years of essentially the same.  Well, maybe only 3.5 years
since it is 40% instead of 45% <g>  Point is, regardless of whichever
one wins the election, the next 4 years aren't going to be a picnic.
That has nothing to do with race.

4. The economy? It is not essential that a president be a economics
whiz.  I can't think of a recent president who was. McCain may not have
a clue about the economy, but from what I have seen, Barack has no clue
about the economy either.  He's never met payroll or balanced a budget,
but he still thinks he can get by with tax cuts. Right now he is in 'say
anything to win people over' mode, but he is making himself look silly.
 I honestly don't know what is more stupid, McCain saying that the
economy is fundamentally strong or Obama saying that he will still cut
taxes for 95% of us.  Both of them were scrambling around last week
looking stupid.  That has nothing to do with race.  At least McCain
qualified his statements saying he was basically cheerleading the way
Roosevelt did, trying to instill needed confidence.  Obama is still
saying tax cuts...

5. I heard McCain, for right or wrong, make several suggestions of
actions that could be taken.  I heard no such thing from Obama.  All I
heard was criticism and rhetoric.  He is good at putting out rhetoric
that can make headlines, things like Rescue Main St. instead of Wall
Street, but rather short in the "suggestions of things to do" column
other than throw stones.  That has nothing to do with race.

6.  I believe McCain will be able to make important decisions quickly
and decisively.  Obama waffles and second guesses himself.  He is such a
thinker, as you say, that he fails to act.  He is afraid to make a
stand, to make a decision-because it might come back on him.  I think
that is why he voted Present all those times...he did not want to commit
one way or the other in controversial votes because he might have to
change up later.  It has been described as "smart politics", and it may
well be, but once you get to the top, that caution becomes a liability,
a detriment. Without advance planning and study, he stumbles, and I
don't want him being indecisive when that 3 AM phone call comes.
Hillary would have been much better choice in that regard, probably even
better than McCain. That has nothing to do with race.

7.  I believe that our Armed Forces want their commander in chief to
have been in the military at one time.  They want to know that their
leader understands things from their perspective.  McCain's military
ordeal silently commands respect from those he would command. Was Obama
in the military??? I believe he was smoking dope and exploring drugs at
Oxy, chillin in the LA sun when he was the age of the average enlisted
guy.  That has nothing to do with race.

8.  I like guns.  All kinds of guns.  I own guns, I want to buy more
guns.  McCain is pro-gun. Baracky is afraid of guns.  Simple as that.
This has nothing to do with race.

9. McCain is pro-flag.  Obama thinks flag burning is okay, and that
doesn't set well with my patriotic self.  Many thousands of men have
lost their lives to protect and guard that flag.  If you don't like it,
don't fly it, but flag burning on US soil should be illegal, I think.
This has nothing to do with race.

10. Obama is a hard core liberal.  I'm not sure it is possible to be
more liberal than Obama.  Liberals, almost by definition, push projects
that end up costing taxpayers money, and I think we have enough to pay
for for the next 50 years.  I think that especially in light of recent
events, McCain will set himself apart from this administration by really
tightening the belt on government spending.  He's not a big spender kind
of guy..few earmarks, etc. It's not what people want to hear, but it
might be what is needed.  That has nothing to do with race.

11. I think Sarah Palin will be a better advocate for change than Joe
Biden, should we ever have to promote the Vice president.  That has
nothing to do with race.

11.  I don't the accents of people from the upper Midwest, i.e. Chicago.
          It makes me not trust them.  It has nothing to do with race.

12.  I don't like Harvard.  It is an elitist school.  It has nothing to
do with race.

13.  I don't like lawyers.  Why is it that people think lawyers, of all
professions, make good politicians?  Is has nothing to do with race.

14. McCain's book, Faith of my Fathers, was made into a movie; Obama's
book, Dreams from my Father, is only a book. Besides, I liked the movie
Top Gun better than I liked the musical South Pacific..Bali Hi   It has
nothing to do with race.

15. Obama sounds like Osama..McCain sounds like McClain-Yippiekaiyeh MF!

Once again, there are 10 valid reasons and 5 additional BS reasons
thrown in for good measure why it makes more sense for me to vote for
McCain and against Obama, but once again, my disclaimer that this is
just a debate argument and exercise.  I am not voting for McCain.
I could go on about what I don't like about the Democratic party, too.  I
could go on about what I don't like about Obama's friends.  I could go on
about why I am making a "gesture" with my 3rd party vote.  But, not tonight.

Akka B, pissed

P.S.
I just deleted all of the 200 emails in my inbox.  If there was anything
personal that I missed, I apologize.  Please resend or better yet, send
to my other email account.