homestead - Re: [Homestead] White Democrats could cost Obama election

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] White Democrats could cost Obama election
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:24:26 -0800

What y'all and the pollsters don't ever seem to take into consideration is that number of registered votes doesn't count for poop. It is the long history of the number of registered voters who actually vote! MUCH different set of numbers.

The number of registered votes is no more a basis for figuring out how the election will go than looking at the Zone map and saying I'm in Zone 7 I can plant x, y and z.!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

James, I didn't make a comment about racism in general, neither does the article. My earlier post, last month, and this article today, is strictly about the demographic numbers game and how the party that has been built on identity politics, could suffer from the same identity schisms for which they have accused others. The article, and my post takes, Republicans , and independents (like you and I ), out of the equation.

This is about numbers. If the same percentage of Democrats votes for Obama, as the percentage of Republicans votes for McCain, then McCain has no chance. There are just too many more registered Demvcrats than there are registered Republicans; especially in the few battleground states that will ultimately decide this election. Pennsylvania , for example; 67% of all registered voters are Democrats, that is a 3:1 numbers advantage.

This is not about ideology , in general. It is about the overall numbers game ......bobford