homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:44:21 -0400

Here's an even more radical thought. What if "my" God, and the "god of the terrorists, and radical fundamentalist muslems", are actually one and the same? What if what is happening is all part of the "Plan", and has been foretold. What if all this is necessary? What if the entire reason OUR God put us here is to experience suffering and misery, so that we would "understand" it in our future eternal existance.

Yeah, I know. Kind of similar to some buddhist thought, isn't it.

Of course, one would have to believe in an eternal existance of some kind... which would include both a pre-mortal and post-mortal existance. If you do, then our little moment here becomes insignificant, when compared to the power of the Force...

Oops, sorry. I mixed mythologies, there. ;-)

Ray