homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:19:10 -0800

Weellllllll, it was a picnic for McNasty. He says so himself. He says he only did enough to graduate. And barely that as he graduate 394th in a class of 397.

And, Obama did very little teaching. Most of what he did was take a sabatical to write a book. This is listed as those years of teaching. He got paid good money to sit on his duff and write the book. I don't consider that an honest day's work.

Nice to have a teaching job that pays you enough for you and the wife to take off to Bali and live for several months.

Plus, I don't find teaching at the college level to be much more than a walk in the park. Unlike the average public school, you have a staff to do all the grunt work including class prep and grading papers.

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Akka Homestead" <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>

You know, I had not looked at it that way. I do have to disagree with you a bit, though. I know McCain got a lot of favors and breaks because of his father and grandfather, but being in the Navy is hard-Annapolis is no picnic, and it's not easy to land on a carrier. I know he crashed some planes and was a general screw up, but still. Whether or not he was tortured, he DID spend 5 years in a North Vietnamese prison. He may not have been a logger or worked in a mill, but I think we need to cut him *some* slack. As for Obama, I think his teaching years-when he taught Constitutional law- count for an honest day's work. Teaching is important-doesn't get your hands dirty, but it is important. But yeah, I like the idea of having someone in the White House who actually got their hands dirty in a real job or an honest lifestyle.

Akka