homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:33:43 -0800

Most folks without any experience, no credentials, straight out of college,
don't generally get paid a $40,000 advance then get a fellowship at a university, not for research or advanced studies, which is the norm, but to play Virginia Wolf. Not
teach during that year as he likes to imply. And when that book doesn't happen during that year, get paid to take a sabbatical when they haven't even put in the usual 5 to 10 years to get tenure. AND get to go sit in Bali for 8 months on an extended honeymoon with the wife. BTW, more than half the book was written before he got the contracts. He was mainly supposed to do some editing and do the final couple of chapters. Nice "work" if you can get it.

Oh, then have the book tank until he decided to run for president. A book inwhich he admits he took "artistic license" and was "blending characters and changing names" and the sections about his parents, his drug use and others now appear to questionable, at best, and arguably lies at worst.

Also, those who continue to whine over the *supposed* Rove politics being used against Teflon should really look into the history of their boy. Let's see, we could start with folks like Alice Palmer but let's go more recent. Let's look at what happened to Blair Hull. He's WAY ahead in the poll and looks to do a cake-walk to the nomination when an annoymous someone sent newspapers and television stations "allegations" that Hull had abused his ex-wife. And then there was Jack Ryan. I'm sure everyone remembers him and his actress ex-wife Jeri Ryan. Again an "annoymous" someone sent newspapers and television stations previously sealed divorce records about sex clubs.

And, while we're on the subject of Teflon, y'all might want to look a tad closer at all the pretty speeches. Ya see, doing my homework, I find that maybe ol' Teflon gives a pretty speech, not because he's a good speech writer but because he employs David Axelrod. Who, surprise, surprise, was Devel Patrick's speech writer. Hmmmm, could this be why there were big lumps, verbatim, from Devel Patrick's speeches in Teflon's speech??? And why when first asked about the speech he looked blank? Could this be why Teflon is soooo good when he's got a teleprompter but stumbles and stutters like crazy when he has to speak off the cuff?

So, again, I'll call this the Election Year of No Choices and not even a lesser of two evils.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Writing a book is easy. You just sit and stare at a blank screen until
blood begins dripping from your forehead.

Somebody famous said something like that except he said blank piece of
paper. It was back in the dinosaur days.