homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

Do you think background is more important that using a far left Godless
agenda to select Supreme Court appointees? <g>
C'mon Gene, not all left wingers are Godless, and not all right wingers are
fanatics.  Surely you realize this.  Even though you were asking James this
question, I will chime in and say, yes, I do believe that background is more
important than any agenda to select appointees.  First, like I said in a
not a given.  Second, so what if Roe v. Wade is overturned(I am pro-choice,
btw)...the Fed had no business deciding what states can and can't do to begin
with.  It will just revert to the states, where it belongs.

I personally think it is important for someone to be able to decide and act
quickly.  I think the voting record is very telling...regardless of how they
voted, I think it is important to vote-to make a stand one way or the other.
I don't care how someone voted 10 years ago for the most part, because things
change, people change, and no two moments in time are the same..  I don't
like Obama's 'present' votes. It's too non-commital for my liking.  What if,
in a crisis, he can't commit and make a hard decision?  That worries me.

Hey, you know what's funny about lipstick?
Pentecostals aren't allowed to wear makeup.   :)
So, there is no difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull, so paint that
pig with the lipstick and laugh it up.  :)

Akka