homestead - Re: [Homestead] I need a truck : )

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I need a truck : )
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 06:55:42 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't read all of this thread, but I have seen the word Suburban bounced
around.  I just want people to realize that there is a Chevy Suburban and a
GMC Suburban.  I wanted a GMC Suburban when I was shopping, but even 15 years
ago, they were over 40g's, and I couldn't afford that.
I know you want a diesel...no recommendations with that as I have never owned
one, but I can say that my old GMC Sierra truck has been an awesome truck for
me-very reliable and utilitarian.  I've hauled wood, boats, and goats<g> and
driven it cross country,  but I wish we had gotten the larger engine and
bigger tow package. So if I bought a new truck, I would go with a top of the
line GMC. spending the dough on the tow and other muscle, and leaving fluff
like leather seats and power windows out of the picture.
GMC makes a great truck, whether you want the all out Suburban, the more
modest Sierra , or the Jimmy like Lynda has....

Akka