homestead - [Homestead] I got a truck

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] I got a truck
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 07:34:13 -0400

Once upon a time, we lent Paul's F350 to a friend, who was involved in a head on crash right down the road as she left.

She was going down hill, in drive, about 25 miles an hour. The kids who hit her, head on, going up the gravel road, pushed that truck 15 feet up the road into a bank. They were killed going through the wind screen. Alice got out of the perfectly intact cab of our Ford through the rear window, because the engine was wrapped around both doors, more or less, making it impossible to open them. She crawled out with just a few minor bruises on her chest from the steering wheel, it was pre-air bag days. When I saw the truck at the salvage yard I was stunned she lived through it. It was totaled, of course.

I like Fords. Maybe GMCs are just as good but I don't have that nice warm fuzzy feeling I get sitting in a nice big Ford.

My Dad has a lot, and I mean a LOT of restaurant contacts. I'll probably be able to find used veggie oil easily enough, if that's the way Roy wants to go. I shudder at the thought of missing a french fry and having it end up plastered inside a ...inside the engine somewhere. I know, not very technical. I'm kidding. At least there's an option with this. We'll see.