homestead - [Homestead] I got a truck

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] I got a truck
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 07:14:47 -0400

I found a 2004 Ford F250 Super Duty Diesel 4 door with less than 100K miles on it, tow package, good tires, bed liner, etc etc. Very, very clean. They had it listed at 19K and I offered 10 over the phone (contingent on actually seeing it and driving it) so they wouldn't actually be able to laugh in my face. We ended up at 12. I think I did ok.

I am finding one difference is that this Ford does not have the nice turn radius of the Dodges. (I am used to driving my sister's 2500 dually.)

This truck, it will not be something that we drive around for chuckles. We have a very nice crappy little run around for trips. This is so I can get my ponies to Cornell in an emergency, to take my kid and her animal, whatever she chooses, sheep or ponies or whatever...to 4H things, and for the inevitable piles of stuff we are going to be bringing home, like...insulation, insulation, insulation, insulation, and firewood. : )

Did I do ok, do you think? This is well beyond my comfort level to spend on my own (except on horses ; ) It's weird, Roy not being here.