homestead - [Homestead] I need a truck : )

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] I need a truck : )
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:49:13 -0400

If you were going to go out and buy a used truck, what would you buy?

Originally, we were going to use my sister's truck and trailer to move the horses and sheep, but her truck is sick. It's terminal, really, she's been neglecting it for years. "Oil?" she says, quizically.

Anyway, I went out and bought a really nice little used bumper pull stock trailer, because I need to be able to move the animals around on my own up there. My soccer mom wagon isn't going to hack it. Roy has cut me loose to truck hunt.

I am leaning towards a Dodge 2500 or Ford F250, diesel, so we can run biodiesel through it. 4WD. I'd like to avoid high mileage. I'd like to spend under $8,500. Suggestions (other than praying to the Truck Gods?)