homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety

  • From: jmroll AT bellsouth.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:51:38 +0000

The problem we have with our gardens here in Alabama are with the four legged
pests. Right now its coyotes and deer. Coyotes in the watermelon patch and
deer in the beans. I have a two strand electric fence up. The coyotes go
through it and deer over it. Oh, by the way the fence is working very well I
can assure you. I learned a good lesson to not straddle it before making sure
the switch is off. Any suggestions on how to stop these night marauders ?
J Reb