homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:28:41 -0800

Anothing thing about them, Sandy, is that you don't loose as much moisture due to evaporation. Up here, the typical temps in the summer are 110. Between the freezers, using compost and mulching like crazy, I only have to do about 1/4 of the watering that everyone else around here does!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Bunjov AT aol.com>

Gotcha. Intriguing idea. And practical. And I believe it was someone else
(?) on this list who suggested burying one - with emergency supplies in it?
That concept so impressed me that I've offered it up at our last (newly formed)
Silver Valley Disaster Council meeting. Lord knows there's plenty of room to
bury stuff out here. Even if you're not the Mafia.
\