homestead - Re: [Homestead] Does this idea stink?

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Does this idea stink?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:15:20 -0500

We have a submersible pump, so actually the well house only houses the pressure tank. I was recently wondering, in a hole this large, and assuming the flow was always good, would it be possible to install a second pressure tank (there's room in the well house) off the same pump or install a second pump/tank to be able to carry water to the far side of our property? We know drilling a second well over there would be expensive (not to mention risky...our neighbor--the one that cut down all the trees--just spent 3K trying to drill one in line with ours and got nothing).

--Sage

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:09:46 -0500