homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:52:40 -0500

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:42 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Can you dig up the articles/stats?

I can try, but what I said is based mostly on following the primaries
as they happened. I'm not sure if the large turnout was predominantly
due to new people registering (though there was some of that,
especially later in the process) or more Democrats taking an
interestin the primaries, which normally have a pretty low turnout.
The high turnout was high enough that it caused problems because of
shortages of ballots (or, in the case of caucuses, having them at
locations too small for the crowds that showed up).

Marie