homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:21:58 -0800

The really sad and scary thing, to me at least, is that the average folks
*think* they are going to get change. That somehow Teflon is different.
NOT!

These folks are all intertwined and it goes back a LONG way! Reagon/Bush,
Bush/Clinton, BabyBush/McNasty, Clinton/Teflon.

No one does their homework! All those folks are connected! All those folks
have a large % of the other "guys" guys working for them. There is NOT a
fresh idea in the bunch! And what is even scarier is that the Teflonistas
have made a conscious choice to not see the connections. They merrily stick
their fingers in their ears and chant LaLaLa and by route do the repeat
after me, "change" "change" "change" If it wasn't so scary, it would be
funny.

I refuse to play the game. If more refused to play the game, then they'd be up shit creek without the proverbial paddle. If everyone tightened up their belts and said, "that's it, I quit" and stopped the mass lemming consumerism. Stopped the mindless following by getting hysterical everytime the boob tube fed them manipulated information. Stopped the mad scramble to Keep Up With the Jones's. Instead of taking a gas holiday, they just plain stopped buying/spending so much on fuel. A mass exodus from the Nanny State, consumerism, the public school system. Stopped bitching and actually walked the walk by not supporting any company that off-shores.

Then and only then will "the people" have the power to take control of this country!

Lynda, who thinks Mickey Mouse OR even Goofy would be a better candidate than what we've got now!

That is exactly the kind of background info I need...thanks..
If we could only find something for the primaries comparing just the
last two or three elections..

But just looking at that, you could probably make a case that folks were
tired of Bush Sr.'s shenanigans...Persian Gulf War, No new taxes, yada
yada...and of course, Slick Willie was elected. He was 46 at the time,
the third youngest president after Teddy and Jack...he was pretty
different, too, fairly good looking, the first president to play a sax
on SNL, he didn't inhale, etc...
So now we have Bushbaby in office, same shit, different decade, and St.
Obama is threatening to kick down the door. He'll be 47 in January, so
he's not about to dethrone Wild Bill, but he is young, and different...

Everyone keeps saying that he is new, different, but to me, I still just
see history repeating itself, cyclic, like a sine wave. People just
have short memories...just yesterday I heard someone say that Teflon was
the first black man with had ever run for the presidency, and that that
took guts...blah, blah....zzzzz...WRONG. I guess they forgot about Mr.
KEEP HOPE ALIVE way back in 1984...
So anyway, we have hope and more hope, and yet, I am as pessimistic as
ever that things will change.

I've made my decision as to how I will cast my vote.
I will vote for Bob Barr, not because I like him-I detest the man, but I
don't like any of the candidates..as such, I must vote for a party, and
I have long thought we need a true multi-party or at least a third party
system where the third party is not an afterthought, but a true party
with substantial power and influence. The only way that will happen is
if people step out of the crowd and follow their own hearts, but I am
also pessimistic about that. I live in the Bible belt where 99% of
folks claim to be Protestant Christian, yet, most couldn't tell you
exactly what they believe. They have just blindly followed the religion
of their youth, without examination of it's tenants. It's the same with
politics..people come from a Republican family, so they vote Republic,
or whatever...
It's sad and ironic that I must vote for someone I don't like, someone
that doesn't have a hope in hell of winning, and someone who would
totally screw up the country if he did by some miracle win...but it is a
matter of principle, and for me that means a choice between Libertarian
and Green...I will vote for Bob Barr.