homestead - Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:55:18 -0400

Welp, until the voting systems are secure, no vote really matters.

I prefer to think those people were becoming invested.

On Jun 20, 2008, at 9:36 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

And that is the reason I cringe when I hear people talking about new
registered voters...The way I think about it is that if one is
interested in politics, his own rights, and the process, he will
register to vote on his own and not need to be recruited in a
registration drive. Probably 90% of the people who register in a drive
couldn't tell you who the current VP is, or name a third party(any party)...
So when I hear about record numbers of voters, I think...what WERE they
thinking?? Were they informed, or just following the media hype, or
worse, following the crowd?

Bev