homestead - Re: [Homestead] Odd tree problem

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Odd tree problem
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:45:08 EDT

> I did a quick google search and saw a blurb from some guy who noted that
> the juglone seems to not affect native species, and strongly affects the
> nightshade family.

I can tell you from experience that gooseberries are fond of walnut trees,
and so I would suspect by extension all ribes.

The gooseberries have formed an inpenetrable phylanx around two walnut
saplings. Every year I mean to fight my way through and cut down those
saplings and
subjugate the gooseberries. Like the 300 Spartans they have withstood all
attacks. Worthy opponents, they.

"In umbra igitur pugnabimus!" </HTML>