homestead - Re: [Homestead] Odd tree problem--sweetgum

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Odd tree problem--sweetgum
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 04:03:25 -0700 (PDT)

Sweetgum , where I was raised (somewhere in the deep
south that no longer exists), was considered a
nuisance. The large limbs fell because the wood is
brittle. They will continue to fall. You are smart to
take it down. Concerning use of the wood, some older
men like to use the wood of sweetgum to whittle.
There's probably an arborist on this list whose
knowledge is brighter than my memories.......wishing I
could 'whittle while I work'......bobford