homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rodents in cars

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rodents in cars
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 17:30:30 -0500

On May 30, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Lynda wrote:

C - A - T - S !

They keep away the mice, the rats and those nasty, evil, *#&$^%# ground
squirrels which do even more damage to wiring than the mice do!

Yeah, lots of cats. Alas, I can't get cats until someone is here full time.

This reminds of our animal protection progression here: I was bitten by a rattlesnake, so we got cats to keep down the mice, which keeps down the snakes. Then a cat was taken by a bobcat, so we got the dogs to protect the cats. The bonus was that Dax and Benny tag-teamed the armadillos and Dax one-crunched them to the tune of forty-five of them before I stopped counting. With Dax now gone the armadillos are back in force.