homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walmart puts the squeeze on food costs.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walmart puts the squeeze on food costs.
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:49:52 -0800

I dehydrate them and they taste great in stews, sauces, etc. I just finished doing 10 pounds of onions. I'll be doing potatoes next week for "instant" au gratin potato dishes.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

Since it's not too late, I'll get another 4-pack and replant those lost
pepper plants. I'll bet peppers are easy to dehydrate. I usually diced and
froze them to put into soups and stews.