homestead - [Homestead] Rodents in cars

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Rodents in cars
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 15:49:17 -0500

On May 30, 2008, at 3:19 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

Unfortunately my Honda Pilot is prone to
mouse invasion--go figure. I am a great Honda fan, love
the mpg, but for all the bucks the designers can't figure
out how to keep rodents out and the dealership actually
suggested I keep rat poison under the hood!

Not just Honda. My Toyota Tacoma had certain wiring chewed nearly through. The dealer here fixed it before I left last November for Phoenix. Halfway there the truck started missing unless I kept it over sixty. Going up a long mountain grade south of Flagstaff I got caught in slow traffic and the engine died. Lucky to get out of that with my life.

I have D-Con under the hood. I also park in a different place each time I use it. I am thinking it may be worth it to pour a concrete pad to park on. Let's brainstorm; I'm sure it is a common country conundrum. Greasy tires?