homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rodents in cars

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rodents in cars
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 20:40:05 -0500

On May 30, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

They keep away the mice, the rats and those nasty, evil, *#&$^%# ground
squirrels which do even more damage to wiring than the mice do!

A friend has a neighbor who is trying to grow a garden in this time of
rising food prices. They are poisoning the ground squirrels which makes my
friend worried about his dogs. He asked me if I would ask my farmer friend
how to not kill the squirrels. The farmers went off on how many problems
those *&^%*&$ things cause him and how he wishes there was a good way to get
rid of them.

I had a ground squirrel living behind a metal storage shed at the Phoenix house. Might still be there, but he looks a lot different. I put out two of those big sticky traps. Went out one morning and some the most hilarious looking squirrel possible, fur missing in chunks and patches all over him. About the only damage so far is he eats the oranges.