homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walmart puts the squeeze on food costs.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walmart puts the squeeze on food costs.
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 06:58:02 -0500

On May 29, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

So I ain't buyin' the 30% blather.

Nor I.

I was tiring of the taste of Trader Joe's Organic Free Trade coffee so yesterday decided to buy a pound of other beans to make a blend. Well, I can report that inferior coffee at WalMart costs substantially more than superior coffee at Trader Joe's in Phoenix, which is not a place where poor families go to buy their groceries.

And after viewing the fresh veggie prices I bought not a single thing. Has anyone ever seen higher prices for bell peppers? Grow, garden!