homestead - Re: [Homestead] Walmart puts the squeeze on food costs.

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Walmart puts the squeeze on food costs.
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:06:48 EDT

> > But Wal-Mart has temporarily rolled back prices on
> > hundreds of food items by as much as 30% this year. How? By pressuring
> > vendors to take costs out of the supply chain.

Been in a WalMart lately? I don't bother to check the price of corn flakes
since we don't eat them, but I can tell you that beans, rice, flour, milk,
butter, cooking oil, eggs, cheese, meat, bread, coffee, fruit, vegetables,
fish,
and all the ordinary things one would buy to feed one's family have gone up
.... WAY up.

We don't buy most of those things but I like to go by and sneer at the price
all the same ... and I remember them, an idiot-savant thing with me, I
remember prices forever ..... d'd'definately. So no mistake, ordinary food
for the
folk has gone up tremendously at the Mart.

So I ain't buyin' the 30% blather.

James </HTML>