homestead - Re: [Homestead] stung by a japanese hornet

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] stung by a japanese hornet
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:18:03 -0400

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Mogrits <mogrits AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I tore the house apart and found some generic antihistamine and sat
> > awake until about four am to aee if my breathing remained ok and
> > thankfully it did. I've never had such a reaction but plan to see a
> > doc at first opportunity and discuss carrying an epi pen. I'm also
> > going to horde benadryl.
>
> Take that opportunity to see a doctor ASAP. Once you've had a bad
> reaction like that, the next one is likely to be much worse.

Glad you're okay. Do see the doctor when you return from your trip.

My husband's brother is allergic to bee stings and has to be careful. When
he was young, my brother drove him & his Mom to the hospital as his brother
was swelling up all over. They had no idea he was allergic until that first
sting.

Benadryl is good for lots of stuff! My sister, who does not like to fly,
was told by a Nurse Practitioner to take it to help knock her out (to take
the 'edge' off) when she has to travel by plane.

We've been cleaning for a visit by my in-laws (they arrive Monday afternoon,
following us home from an out-of-state wedding). They haven't been to our
house in 4 years. Oh, the joy. My m-i-l gave birth to my husband and for
that reason I love her... otherwise....

Lisa