homestead - Re: [Homestead] stung by a japanese hornet

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] stung by a japanese hornet
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:37:33 -0400

Nothing to mess around with, especially if you are swelling up. Go to the ER, or at a minimum, head to an all night pharmacy and grab some benedryl. I am late on this, so please give us an update Warren...are you okay?

Bev

WF Smith wrote:
I got stung 30 minutes ago on the pad of my thumb by a japanese hornet. I've
been stung in the past by everything under the sun with no more than local
effect but I now have huge hives all over my body. I do not have any
antihistamine tablets here at the house and it is so late I couldnt purchase
any if I wanted. My mouth and nose and ears are swelling up.

My breathing is fine so my question is this, should anyone still be awake-
will the hives pass and should I be concerned about going to sleep?