homestead - [Homestead] stung by a japanese hornet

  • From: "WF Smith" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] stung by a japanese hornet
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 02:08:20 -0400

I got stung 30 minutes ago on the pad of my thumb by a japanese hornet. I've
been stung in the past by everything under the sun with no more than local
effect but I now have huge hives all over my body. I do not have any
antihistamine tablets here at the house and it is so late I couldnt purchase
any if I wanted. My mouth and nose and ears are swelling up.

My breathing is fine so my question is this, should anyone still be awake-
will the hives pass and should I be concerned about going to sleep?