homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chickens and Coyotes

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chickens and Coyotes
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:53:37 -0400

An Anatolian will knock a coyote on it's tail. : ) When I hunted up there, coyotes were all over the place. Maybe someone who lives up there now could give us a coyote report? Is there anyone from central NY on the list? Anyway, it doesn't take a coyote, a simple little fox or a snake or a rat can make enough mess of a bird that she dies.

Darling, if you bolt a gun safe over the door, it's just a question of time till the Taz blows a hole in the side of the house. It's ok with me if you promise to put in windows.

It's been reported that coyotes have been seen around here. I don't
know about Central New York State.

It is possible your experience is the reason some folks kept the
carbine above the back door? I can imagine a market for a one-rifle
gun safe of small size with a big-numbered cypher lock on the front
for quick use by adults only.

Roy