homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:47:41 -0500

On Apr 29, 2008, at 8:40 PM, WF Smith wrote:

Gene wrote:

I'm glad I grew up in a place where the Civil War was simply a very
sad occurrence in our history. I'd not want to carry around the
negative baggage that some seem to do.

And there we go again. Because you do not understand it, and because we
disagree with the revisionist presentation of the story, we Southerners are
carrying negative baggage.

Not nice. I said "seem." You said "are." I'm trying to be polite.