homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:02:46 -0400

Lynda wrote:

Bottomline is that the South has never been allowed to be the South. The North and the bookwriters and the balance of the U.S. have been pounded with absolutely nothing but negatives and phoo phooing of all that is the South. They have been painted as something evil and told to sit down and shut-up.

I think my problem is that students/people aren't taught the whole truth about what happened, and even when enlightened some people refuse to believe.

However, when anyone tries to correct the deliberately reframed negative image, they are painted into the corner of *supposedly* trying to defend the indefensible. They are "refighting the war."

Shoot, all that has to happen is that the subjects comes up and we are "refighting the war"

James and Bev and Grampa Charlie are the South. They are good, bad and everything else that everyone else is. Sometimes quite stubborn and annoying <g> Plus a whole rainbow of other people. They aren't reliving the war, and what some are still trying to do is get the truth out there about what really happened and what it was really about.

Well, my genes are from up North, but via adoption, I was raised in the state of GA. Because GA is perpetually ranked near the bottom in education, I learn A LOT from those on this list.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky