homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:39:18 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Apr 29, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Lynda wrote:

Bottomline is that the South has never been allowed to be the South. The
North and the bookwriters and the balance of the U.S. have been pounded with
absolutely nothing but negatives and phoo phooing of all that is the South.
They have been painted as something evil and told to sit down and shut-up.

Let us come gradually north. At some point there must be a balance. Or will you hold that there is a sharp line?

I think the reason you hear anger is the very assumption that we(those of a Southern mindset) must come north. I think the emphasis has been on what the north wants/thinks/believes to be true for 150 years, and it is now time to swing the balance back to the truth as viewed by the South. Now, a whole lot more people live in the South than even 50 years ago, and people have a voice that no longer can be held back by publishers and other media. The South has already risen again, and it's the Yankees/Gerue's<g> that are still in denial! (see other post)

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky