homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:21:26 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Think we will ever stop fighting the Civil War?

Do we still have states?
As long as the _United_ states exist, and we aren't of one homogeneous brain, then yes. That way, the people of each state can decide what they want the laws to be..e.g. abortion legal or not, civil unions legal or not, gambling legal or not, etc.
The Confederacy may have officially lost the war, but the idea, and the reason for it's existence remains. The very fact that we are all different people, with different perspectives and different realities makes conflict inevitable.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky