homestead - Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:26:12 -0800

When I'm online I have two little computers, one kinda behind the other. When the computer is actually using the net the little computers blink. If I double click on the little computers then a window opens up that says "Softcom Status". And I get stuff like speed, status, activity, bytes, compression and errors under the General tab and then I can go into "Details" and "Properties."

If I just hold my mouse over the two little computers then I get "Softcom" on the top line, "Speed 31.2Kbps" on the second line, "Sent: 254,403 bytes" on the third line and "Received: 1,862,185 bytes" on the bottomline. Well, at least those are the number for today, right now.

Don't all PCs have/do that?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roy Morgan" <k1lky AT earthlink.net>

I don't know what that is.

Click here:
http://speedtest.net/
Then wait till a map of North America comes up.

There will be a number of pyramids on the map. Click the one that's
yellow if there is one. Otherwise click one that's near where you
live. Then wait.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net