homestead - Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:37:29 -0700

At 4/26/2008 01:09 PM,Roy Morgan wrote:

Anyone can test their connection speed at
http://speedtest.net/
I just got download speed of 96 kb/s and upload of 159 kb/s.
This is NOT "high" speed internet!

Roy

I just did this one, 7742 down and 1192 up with comcast cable and the server 50 miles away
http://www.speedtest.net/result/264432225.png

When we left Minnesota Aug 03, we were 20 plus miles from Bemidji, 3 miles from the tar road, 14 miles from the nearest milk-beer-etc and no neighbors on our part of the township road. We did have fiber optic cable at our phone box with high speed internet and/or cable tv. The Paul Bunyan Telephone co-op was working at getting the fiber optic everywhere.
Have hope folks in the boonies, it can happen.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA