homestead - Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Internet connection, was Jeremiah Wright
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:20:51 -0400

On Apr 26, 2008, at 1:56 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Lucky you.
We put a long wire in the attic and still can't pick up the station in
town...

Do you by any chance have a metal roof? If so, an antenna under it may do poorly: try hooking the antenna to the metal of the roof! (Good idea to have your radio grounded.)

no FM at all..only AM stations at night...I usually listen to
Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, Chicago, or New Orleans. That's all I
get.

If you had a short wave radio, you could hear lots of stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of it you would not like. It's amazing how different world news is when told by other countries compared to the news we read/see here.

No streaming radio here on this lethargic dial up.

Does anyone have XM radio? It appears to work from sattelite(s). But it costs some ten bucks a month or so. I may be an old fart but I think radio should be free.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180